RT 214 | Dr. Kathy Dooley – Anatomy Rules, The Immaculate Dissection
Dr. Kathy Dooley joins the show this week to discuss a critically important topic in human performance – the understanding of functional anatomy.
Dr. Dooley is a chiropractor and an anatomy instructor at two New York City medical schools, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Weill Cornell Medical College.
She is also an adjunct professor at New York University’s College of Dentistry. She is a visiting professor for Saint George’s University Medical School and she assistants in the gross anatomy lab at New York College of Podiatric Medicine.
She is also a lead instructor for two seminar series, including The Immaculate Dissection that we discuss in the interview.
You’ll lean why everything starts with anatomy and learn about a unique and effective learning tool for clinicians, coaches and those interested in better understanding how to apply functional anatomy.
Here’s what we discuss this week:
- Why it’s important to understand anatomy to optimize performance
- Why she became so passionate about human anatomy
- How The Immaculate Dissection can “bridge the gaps” in anatomy and performance
- Why she’s not a fan of the term “iliopsoas”
- What drives her to teach anatomy
- How she continues to learn anatomy everyday
- Her simple advice to apply anatomy in practice
- Recommended resources to learn anatomy
- Unconventional approaches to learning anatomy
- Why going “micro” can be problematic
- What are the different levels of The Immaculate Dissection
- Are we thinking wrong about anatomy?
- How can we make anatomy knowledge stick?
It’s fast and easy to review the show. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- The Immaculate Dissection (Video Resource on OTPBooks.com)
- Immaculate Dissection Seminars
- Trial Guide To The Body
- Flowers For Algernon
- The Mighty Atom
- Functional Anatomy For All Disciplines by Kathy Dooley (article)
- Why I Walked Away From My Career As A Physical Therapist
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Source: Rdella Training