RT 217 | Brian Mackenzie And Dr. Andy Galpin – Unplugged, Evolve From Technology To Upgrade Your Fitness
Brian Mackenzie and Dr. Andy Galpin join the show this week to discuss their amazing new book Unplugged: Evolve From Technology To Upgrade Your Fitness.
Brian Mackenzie is a world-renowned strength and conditioning expert and the author of the New York Times bestseller Unbreakable Runner. He is the founder of the training program Power Speed Endurance and the cofounder of the complete fitness lifestyle system – XPT Life.
Dr. Andy Galpin is a professor of kinesiology at the Center for Sport Performance at California State University, Fullerton. He has a PhD in human bioenergetics and is the founder and director of the Biochemistry and Molecular Exercise Laboratory.
This is a fantastic interview discussing many different topics related to human health and performance.
Their new book is for everyone from the elite coach and competitive athlete to the everyday exerciser to better understand the upside and downside of fitness technology.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week:
- What’s the big premise of the book and is it “anti-technology?”
- Understand the downside of technology
- What constant advancing technology really means for us
- How to easily differentiate between good and bad stress
- 2 simple questions you can use to gauge your stress
- How to “detach” from technological support
- Insights on the dangers of being addicted to tech
- Is there any viable technology tools that is essential?
- Peak performance vs. peak physiological performance
- Are technology devices really accurate?
- Is movement assessment technology a good thing?
- The best screening tools that aren’t technology
- 4 of the best predictors of mortality over the last 50 years
- The significance of grip strength and longevity
- What we know about genetic testing and exercise prescription
- Simple, practical advice to disconnect and “unplug”
- How to find solitude – daily practices and ideas
- Why Unplugged is really a solutions-based-approach
- Closing advice and takeaway actions…
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- Unplugged BOOK on Amazon
- Extreme Ownership
- Sapiens (*read this first)
- Homo Deus (*read this next)
- Dr. Andy Galpin on Instagram
- Brian Mackenzie on Instagram
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Source: Rdella Training