Anton Jefferson – Finding Passion And Performance With Weightlifting
Anton Jefferson (Weightlifter, Coach and Entrepreneur) joins the podcast this week for episode #223 to share his passion for Olympic Weightlifting and what he’s doing to help spread the word about the ultimate strength skill.
Anton is a dynamic coach and passionate athlete, as you’ll get to experience in the session.
There are many great insights and nuggets in this one – and I know you’ll get value from this week’s episode.
Here’s what you’ll learn in the session:
- How (and why) Anton got “hooked” with Weightlifting
- What abilities enabled him to excel in the sport
- How “technical” is Olympic Weightlifting really?
- The “one thing” he does to get better as a weightlifter
- What he learned from injury
- How Dr. Stuart McGill influences his training
- We discuss PR’s at seminars – good or bad???
- What makes a great coach?
- Weightlifting benefits for the “general athlete?”
- The big misconception with Olympic Weightlifting
- 3 of the most common mistakes with the Snatch
- As a coach, where does he start with his athletes?
- What he wishes he knew when he got started
- What he recommends to learn biomechanical principles
- The training books he recommends the most
- How to get better as an athlete
- His favorite books – and why
- Actionable closing advice and more…
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- OLift Magazine Podcast
- Weightlifting Mindset
- USA Weightlifting
- Weightlifting Programming by Bob Takano
- Encyclopedia of Weightlifting by Arthur Drechsler
- What Doesn’t Kill Us (*My past interview with Scott Carney)
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Source: Rdella Training