Pat Flynn – Discover The Benefits Of Training Like A Generalist
(#229) Pat Flynn returns to the show this week to discuss his unique and minimalistic approach to training and life.
Pat is the author of Paleo Workouts for Dummies and he’s the creator of ChroniclesofStrength.com. And, he’s also self described minimalist – and generalist.
What exactly is the “generalist” approach?
That’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s show.
Here’s what we discuss:
- Why Pat prefers a “generalist” approach
- The Rule of 80%
- Principles and tools of his training philosophy
- What does a “generalist” approach look like?
- What exercises are good for the generalist?
- The truth about the “muscle-up”
- What exercise Pat is working NOW – and why
- His #1 goal in fitness is not what you think
- When is maximum strength development a good goal?
- How strong is strong enough?
- What training tools are essential for most people?
- Why we need to know our goals before anything else
- The greatest lessons learned from Dan John
- Pat’s favorite book by Dan…
- Hear about how Pat discovered podcasting
- What he enjoys most about podcasting
- The NEW project he’s working and when it’s coming…
You are better off being good-to-great at many different things than specializing. – Pat Flynn
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- The Pat Flynn Show
- How To Read A Book
- Pat Flynn’s 9 Minute Workout
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Source: Rdella Training