Dr. Tim Brown And Josh Trent – Breath, Posture, And Intentional Movement
(#240) Josh Trent and Dr. Tim Brown join the show this week to discuss breath, posture and intentional movement.
Dr. Tim Brown is the Founder of IntelliSkin, a human technology company, and the Co-Medical Director for the World Surf League. Tim is a world-renowned Chiropractor and Movement Specialist who trains athletes at the highest levels of professional sports.
Josh Trent is the Founder of Wellness Force and host of the Wellness Force Radio podcast. As a health and wellness influencer and technology consultant, Josh has spent the past 14 years discovering the physical and emotional intelligence for humans to thrive in our modern world.
We had a great chat recently with many insights related to better breathing, better posture, and better movement. This is a valuable interview for all.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week:
- Why performance starts with alignment and breath
- The myth of the balanced athlete
- Understand “joint centration”
- The top 3 postural problems
- Technology and compressive garments – how they can help
- Breathing or posture – what to correct first?
- The benefits of nose breathing vs mouth breathing
- Why breathing is a performance skill
- The 5-5-5 technique as a simple breathing practice
- An ideal breathing practice outlined with the 4-7-8 x 10 method
- Defining “good movement”
- Train to surf or surf to train?
- Specific movement training principles and techniques
- A quick overview of Intelliskin – and how this can help
- The science (and research) behind Intelliskin
- Actionable closing advice and resources…
Life is movement, movement is life. -Dr. Tim BrownClick To Tweet
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is NOW released every MONDAY with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- Foundation Training
- 12 Rules For Life
- Kettlebell Domination Program
- Sports Nutrition Annual Conference in Clearwater Beach
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.
Source: Rdella Training