Dustin Rippetoe – Real Strength When Dealing With Life Adversity
(#265) Strength coach Dustin Rippetoe joins the podcast this week to discuss the biggest life challenge he’s had to deal with and how he finds strength to move forward.
Dustin has a long history as a kettlebell instructor. He has been devotedly training with kettlebells since 2004 and has been a certified kettlebell instructor under Pavel Tsatsouline since April of 2006.
First with Pavel’s RKC and now proudly with StrongFirst. He has had the honor of serving as Team Leader in both organizations and actively promotes StrongFirst training methodologies and now as his health permits out of ACWA Tulsa.
I met Dustin back in 2012 at an event that you’ll hear about in the opening part of our interview.
Here’s what we discussed this week:
- How Dustin stumbled into strength training
- His journey with kettlebells
- The very first kettlebell exercise he ever did
- The major life challenge he’s dealing with right now
- How he’s managing his biggest life challenge
- What it’s like to go through dialysis
- How he initially dealt with his disease
- Specific mental practices he used to turn the corner
- How he uses meditation
- His simple “breath work” practice
- Books he reads to keep his mind strong
- How WE can help Dustin and others…
- Learn about the upcoming kettlebell swing challenge
- Options we have to help kidney patients
- Dustin’s biggest concern post-transplant
- His long-term vision for the swing challenge
Get value from this podcast?
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN GOOGLE PLAY
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN OVERCAST
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world.
- Dustin Rippetoe’s GO FUND ME Page
- As A Man Thinketh – Ray Porter Audio Edition
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.
The post Dustin Rippetoe – Real Strength When Dealing With Life Adversity appeared first on Rdella Training : Strength Training | Functional Exercise | Kettlebells | Fitness.
Source: Rdella Training