Pavel Macek – How To Become Resilient, Strong, And Your Best Self
(#273) Pavel Macek, Master StrongFirst Instructor and founder and chief instructor of KB5 Gym, is this week’s podcast guest where we had a fantastic chat about training principles and unconventional methods to become resilient, strong, and your best self.
Pavel was the first StrongFirst Certified Instructor in Czechia, Central Europe. He is also an FMS/CK-FMS specialist. In 2008, he opened the first kettlebell gym in the Czech Republic, KB5 Gym Prague.
He currently teaches Chinese combatives and MMA (Practical Hung Kyun), strength training (KB5 Gym Prague), and tactical self-defense for various private and government agencies, as well as Prague’s Charles University.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week:
- Pavel discusses his background in strength and performance
- What’s most important in training
- Pavel explains why training must have transfer to life
- Why we shouldn’t focus too much on the tools
- How he discovered the StrongFirst system
- The results he got when he implemented the Naked Warrior principles
- Can martial arts athletes learn strength training principles faster?
- How he assesses and programs his athletes
- Pavel explains the NEW StrongFirst Resilient Course
- The goal of the new course – why attend?
- What’s covered in Resilient and the rationale behind it
- Practical approaches to training to become anti-fragile
- The 7 magnificent steps – the key steps to advance training
- Where and when to use the “Resilient” approach
- When it’s OK to “break the rules” in training
- Learn about the StrongFirst “Second Wind” course
- The importance of breathing – why everyone is talking about it
- Specific breathing applications to consider
- Surprising benefits of breathing techniques
- Pavel discusses his daily breathing practices
- Ideas to use breathing exercises – at any time of day
- How he finally overcame his failure of meditation
- An overview of Hardstyle dumbbell training
- Secrets of Old-Time Strongman training
- Differences in dumbbell versus kettlebell training
- What are the top 3 hardstyle dumbbell exercises?
- Pavel’s simple formula to constantly develop yourself
- Actionable closing advice…
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world.
- Naked Warrior
- Simple and Sinister
- A Guide To The Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy
- StrongFirst RESILIENT Course
- StrongFirst SECOND WIND Course
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.
Source: Rdella Training