Dr. Fergus Connolly – 59 Lessons From Elite Athletes And Coaches
(#274) Dr. Fergus Connolly is the world’s leading sports scientist. He has authored 2 books, Game Changer and the new book, 59 Lessons. I’m extremely honored and humbled to have Dr. Connolly return to the show to discuss his latest work and share his powerful life lessons.
His first book, Game Changer, was the first blueprint for coaches to present a holistic philosophy for winning in team sports. His new book shares the valuable lessons he’s learned along the way to elite sport performance.
The amazing thing about 59 Lessons is how all of these incredible lessons apply to life, not just sport.
This is a fantastic interview you’re guaranteed to get value from, with actionable closing advice. Enjoy the interview this week and be sure to check out the new book, 59 Lessons by Dr. Fergus Connolly.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week:
- How Fergus “captured” 59 life-changing lessons
- Fergus explains what is the role of sport in life?
- What is 59 Lessons and how the book is organized
- Why winning in life is not about just one thing
- What is the real message of the book?
- Who he says he wrote this book for…
- The 2 things to look for when reading a book
- Lesson #45 – Burn The Boats
- Lesson #9 – Only Compete Against Yourself
- Lesson #5 – You Can’t Be Half Pregnant
- Lesson #35 – There Is No Such Thing As Discipline
- What are the top 3 qualities of a great coach?
- The difference between humility and confidence
- The big gap between great coaches
- What does it take to win??? The answer
- How do Game Changer and 59 Lessons connect?
- What has changed since writing Game Changer?
- What is the follow-up to Game Changer?
- The problem with “standard warm-ups”
- What are the 9 most used words in sport?
- Learn about the Online Foundation Masterclass
- The Final Lesson in 59 Lessons that turned life upside down
- The most important thing to take away from the NEW book
- What Dr. Connolly is most passionate about now
- Actionable closing advice after hearing this interview…
Are you getting better or are you getting worse? The biggest challenge is complacency. You have to compare yourself versus the best version of you. -Dr. Fergus Connolly Click To Tweet
This week’s podcast is brought to you by our partner, ModusNutrition.com.
We’re extremely proud to partner with Modus to help fuel athletic performance, enhance training recovery, and promote optimal health.
To learn more about Modus, join the Modus Movement.
Get value from the podcast?
Then, please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN GOOGLE PLAY
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE IN OVERCAST
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world.
Another outstanding book by Dr. Fergus Connolly…
SHOW NOTES & RESOURCES:
- 59 Lessons Book
- Game Changer Book
- Fergus Connolly on Twitter
- My Interview on The Modus Movement Podcast
DID YOU GET YOUR MOBILITY FIX?
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.
The post Dr. Fergus Connolly – 59 Lessons From Elite Athletes And Coaches appeared first on Rdella Training : Kettlebell Training, Weightlifting, Athletic Performance, Muscle Building.
Source: Rdella Training